Timescale for 6.1-RELEASE...

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:05:57 UTC 2006

On 3/30/06, Harrison Peter CSA BIRKENHEAD <PETER.HARRISON at dwp.gsi.gov.uk> wrote:
> I realise the answer to this question is "when it's ready", but does anyone have a rough idea how close to being ready 6.1 is?

The 6.1 branch was cut on the 5th, this means you can cvsup to
RELENG_6_1 branch and rebuild world to 6.1-RC. As for the release date
of the official 6.1-RC1 builds... It should have happened yesterday,
so expect it any time this week. 6.1-RELEASE should be released at the
end of this month or the beginning of next month.... If you look at
the schedule everything has been shifted out 1 month.

If you want my opinion on 6.1, it's ready right now, I've been running
a production server on 6.1 since BETA2, my main workstation at work
since BETA4 and my main workstation at home has been running 6.1 since
before BETA1 (tracking 6-STABLE). I've had no problems and feel that
It's far superior to FreeBSD 5.x, It's also alot faster then 5.x. The
more tester we have for the 6.1 release candidate runs the better
6.1-RELEASE will be!
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/contributing/index.html

--
BSD Podcasts @ http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/