newsyslog.conf question

jhall at vandaliamo.net jhall at vandaliamo.net
Mon Apr 10 02:01:27 UTC 2006

I have developed a boot image for a CD to be used on servers througout the
organization I work for.  Everything is working great, except for one
small problem.

When I boot from the CD I created, I receive a message stating "newsyslog:
malformed 'at' value".

/var/log/wtmp   640   5       *   @01T05 B

If I change the time specification to $M1D05 and start newsyslog, no error
messages are generated.

And, if I boot from the server's hard drive (from which the image was
created), newsyslog does not generate any error messages.

I have created a symlink from /etc to /usr/local/etc in case I should ever
need to modify the file.

I am running FreeBSD 6.0.

Any insight into why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.