dennisolvany at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 22:13:55 UTC 2006
infernus - Bluelight wrote:
> How do I enter some kind of interface, or desktop, like on the
> screenshots? Is there a web-site or enything with tutorials
> explaining how to do all this..
1) Install xorg. If you chose an x installation, such as x-user, then
you can skip this step. To see what's already installed, use pkg_info.
The command to install xorg is probably pkg_add -r xorg.
2) Configure xorg. Command is Xorg -configure (note the capital X, very
important). You'll then have to copy the configuration to the correct
location, /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Details in the handbook.
3) Install a window manager. Here's the command to install xfce4:
pkg_add -r xfce4.
4) Start the window manager. In the case of xfce4, the command is
5) Install a web browser and such.
More information about the freebsd-questions