Which Laptop for FreeBSD

David Schulz david at tca-cable-connector.com
Thu Apr 6 06:35:59 UTC 2006

Hello all,

i would like to buy a new Laptop in the very near future, and of course
it has to run my favourite OS. I have never searched for a Laptop, and
now that i did i am overwhelmed with the confusing variety of different
Brands and Models. One of the big Questions i am having is; Should i
look for a 64 bit Laptop or better not? I am just not sure wheter or not
64bit will come trough this year on Laptops, and how well is it (and
will it be) supported by FreeBSD. I know that there are some Internet
Sites which try to maintain some data about linux / unix on laptops, but
i found them to be quite outdated. I am looking for a Workstation
replacement kind of Laptop, and it must have a DVI out for my Monitor. I
kind of would like to go with 64bit, since its supposedly the future, if
this isnt quite the time for 64bit Laptops yet, please someone educate me.

If there is anyone out there, that can recommend a new Laptop (Price is
not an issue) that runs FreeBSD nicely, please let me know, i would most
appreciate it.

Thanks and best regards,
David