Keyboard Issue on Dell 1850/FreeBSD

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Tue Apr 4 17:45:16 UTC 2006

mike s. cojocea wrote:

> Hello, folks,
>
> I am working to install a FreeBSD 6.0 on a Dell 1850, with Dell Remote
> Access Card.
>
> After the install is complete the keyboard no longer works.
>
> I can access the machine over SSH to do debugging. The
> /var/log/messages did not show any error:
>
> %Apr  4 09:10:14 APPS01 kernel: atkbd0: <AT
> Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
> Apr  4 09:10:14 APPS01 kernel: kbd0 at atkbd0
>
> I tried it with FreeBSD 5.4 and it does the same thing. A Fedora Core
> 4 and an RHEL 3 Linux did not have similar keyboard problem.

The DRAC keyboard (USB) takes precedence over any other keyboard you
attach.  I believe work is in progress to make FreeBSD recognise
multiple simultaneous keyboards.

If you search for "freebsd 2850 keyboard" with google you should find
other posts where this is described.  We only access our 2850s from the
DRAC, which works for us.

--Alex