How to upgrade samba version to 3.0.22

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sun Apr 2 15:16:06 UTC 2006

Jeffrey wrote:

> Thanks Gerard, I have installed portmanager, but when I try to run
> portmanager, system told me "command not found". Any other thing
> should I do after install?
>
> Jeffrey

Are you absolutely sure you installed it correctly and are typing the
command correctly? Perhaps you might have to do 'rehash' or some such
command before it is recognized. I use 'bash' myself, so I am not
really sure. Did you by chance try a reboot of the system and then try
running portmanager?

Try typing

portmanager --help

and see what transpires. If that also fails, venture over to /var/db/pkg
and see if there is a listing for: portmanager-0.4.1_5 . If there is,
do:

pkg_delete -dvf portmanager-0.4.1_5

Now do a new installation of 'portmanager'. If that also fails, then you
will need the assistance of someone with a better knowledge of FreeBSD
then I.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard at seibercom.net