and the winner is...

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 1 19:27:54 PDT 2005

On Sep 2, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Isaac Grover wrote:

> On 9/1/05, Mario Carugno <mcarugno at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The winner was Debian by far...
>>

> I believe you should say that "the winner was debian FOR ME IN MY
> SITUATION".  My use for freebsd is for a low-maintenance i'net gateway
> for my small office, which can range anywhere from four to ten
> machines of various OSs.  I need only a CLI, accessible through SSH,
> NAT and firewalling capabilities.  Yes, you can get this with other
> OSs, but security was primarily my intent.
>
> So...the winner was FreeBSD by far.  =)

     Who cares about what is the best in any situation? This type of
talk is for flamers and n00bs, and as adults I would hope that we
have progressed on from this behavior.
     One should realize that given any situation there is a set tool
which best helps for solving each situation, so regardless of which
OS, depending on the situation and what needs to be solved/
accomplished the proper tool should be used as the proper solution to
any problem.
     End of story.
-Garrett