+pid 48635 (squid), uid 100: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

eculp at bafirst.com eculp at bafirst.com
Sat Oct 22 07:21:38 PDT 2005

I'm seeing 4 Current servers that were running squid with no problems
now dumping core with the following error in the log file.

+pid 48635 (squid), uid 100: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

I have no idea where to begin looking.  I went to the squid list and
saw where it was caused by persistent connections on some platforms so
I turned them off and there was no change.

All the machines are running up to date ports, with kernel and userland
no more that a week old and it includes Intel and amd processors.  Two
boxes have multiple processors so it doesn't seem to be a hardware
problem.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

ed