Subversion on FreeBSD?

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Mon Oct 10 05:11:44 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 07:53:34PM +0800, Yuan Jue wrote:
> Is there a subversion system for FreeBSD sourcecode? Or there is only CVS to
> control the source code? Does that mean that subversion is not stable enough
> to take this big job?

There is an older one:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2004-September/008112.html

Web interface located here (as stated in that post):

http://svn.clkao.org/svnweb/freebsd/log/cvs/

However, I think clkao stopped updating it?

FWIW, I think Subversion would be stable enough, but no-one's gone through
the trouble of converting the CVS repository while preserving the project's
history. I tried to using cvs2svn about a year back but ran into some
snags, and I've never found the time to retry now that cvs2svn is improved.

--Stijn

--
An Orb is for life, not just for Christmas.