ports: jdk15/jdk14

O. Hartmann ohartman at mail.uni-mainz.de
Sat Oct 8 13:03:46 PDT 2005

Hello.

Again, I run into frustrations when trying to install JDK14/JDK15 from
the ports collection.
Operatin system is FreeBSD 6.0-BETA5, recently updated, i386 platform
(Dell OptiPlex280).
Installation of linux-sun-jdk1.4.2 performed well without problems. But
when trying the installation of jdk14 or jdk15, I receive a SIGNAL 11
running java:

Bootstrap Settings:
    JAVAWS_BOOTDIR = /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2
    BOOTSTRAP J2SDK VERSION: Segmentation fault
    OUTPUTDIR = /usr/ports/java/jdk14/work/control/build/bsd-i586

dmesg:
pid 1286 (java), uid 0: exited on signal 11

I tried using blackdown JDK, but without success, it seems tricky to
allow an alternative JDK.

Any help appreciated.

Oliver