Newbie Q: freeBSD vs openBSD

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at tensor.3miasto.net
Mon Nov 28 17:23:00 GMT 2005

> I have started with OpenBSD. I was coming from Red Hat 6.2 and to my
> shame, I didn't knew at that time that the BSD did exist. The very same
> day I discovered that BSD were free, and that I was indeed running one.

same with me i wasn't aware of BSD first, then i was "teached" by linux
community that's terribly bad, then i finally started NetBSD, and then
linux were systematically removed.

> After some years under NetBSD I am now using FreeBSD. It's nice and I
> spent some time exploring all the sysctl available stuff to play with
> and it might only be a "feel" but it looks like it's "fast". Well,
> that's the first impression I got from it.

quite same with me, except no OpenBSD at all for a longer time. i ended in
FreeBSD recently..