are there some function in C to notify about the OS used?

Javier Matos javierlu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 18:11:30 GMT 2005

I was programming an application to work with system process that can be found in /proc path and now I must to migrate my application to a linux OS but the structure of status file is different. I made two procedures to take information about status files, one for FreeBSD and another for Linux... , now I need some function in C to notify about the OS used to run the application to select between two procedures... but I can´t find it, can anyone help me?

Thanks