Problem with burning CD-DAs

Stevan Tiefert stevan.tiefert at freenet.de
Sun Nov 27 16:53:35 GMT 2005

Hello list,

I can rip without problems a CD-DA to a wav-file (cdda2wav). I played
this file in a wav-player without problems. When I burn these wav-files
with cdrecord to a CD-R and then play this CD-R on a CD-Player I hear
the songs but with a disturbing rushing! No klicks! I hear the song with
a rush like a storm! All Audio-Tracks, the whole CD, rushing!

I tried the same procedure with a different harddisk, different
IDE-Host-Controller, different OS (... Win98), different CD-Rs,...
Always this described problem.

Could it be that an device is producing during the burning an
interference that is copied together with the songs on the CD-R??? Maybe
the AT-AC/DC-Transormator in the AT-case? Or maybe the chipset of the
mainboard?

I have the mainboard FIC PA2005 with the VIA Apollo 580 VP-chipset
(07/15/97-VT82C580VP-2A5LA008C-00).
--
Why my wife is happy when I do a "make buildkernel" and a "make
installkernel"? I have then a lot of time to do my housework :-(