CVSup doubts

Jason C. Wells jcw at highperformance.net
Sat Nov 26 17:58:40 GMT 2005

Chris wrote:

> I hate users looking for the shortcuts.

Funny. I didn't see that at all in the original email.  What I saw was a
genuine misunderstanding.

He was asking about using CVSUP to track ports on a one by one basis.
What he didn't understand is that a person really wants to CVSUP the
whole ports tree.  It's a fair misunderstanding if one starts with an
FTP-ish RPM-ish mindset.  John Chen's answer was appropriate.

To Efren I add the following.  You may also want to read up on 'refuse'
files as documented in the cvsup(1) man page.  I don't recommend using
them though.

Later,
Jason