iSCSI support

oxo at rucus.net oxo at rucus.net
Wed Nov 23 07:56:41 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 07:13:45PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> anyway - for already existing iSCSI devices driver won't hurt of course,
> but i'm sure nobody that understand things won't invest in such
> technologies.

I've been looking at iSCSI, but if someone can suggest a better
alternative I'd be happy to use it, as I haven't bought anything yet.

I have 3 datacentres connected by 12 core gig fibre (only using one pair
at the moment, but the fibre is there for future use) each connected
directly to the others.  I want a system that I can start off with one
disk server in one datacentre, and then step it up to have mirrored disk
servers in each of the other datacentre's which are kept up to date in
real time and can take over instantaneously if one of the others fails.

It must also be scalable (non destructive resizing of the system) and
support both linux and FreeBSD.  I am willing to wait for this, but can
anyone point me in the right direction.  iSCSI seems to be it, but I'm
not sure.

-John