reaplay and mplay/mplugin....

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue Nov 22 19:00:47 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 12:51:17AM -0900, Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> On Monday 21 November 2005 06:52 pm, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> If you're running KDE try kplayer (in the ports). it's a standalone front end
> for mplayer that integrates nicely into KDE. I've been playing with it all
> afternoon and everything works as advertised. It also has a playlist.
>
> > 	PS:  On my test platform I have firefox as the default; here
> > 	I'm using mozilla.  Same deal with realplay, rm and mp3 work;
> > 	mplayer just stopps dead.  ... .

	I'll give kplayer a try.  Here, with ctwm,  it's not likely to
	work, but on  my test system I'm using gnome and KDE plays
	nicely with things-gnome.

	Shame that the helix+mplayerplugin can't/don't work together,
	but maybe in a few years they will.  thanks for the tip,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix