M571 Internal Audio

yegor at box.vsi.ru yegor at box.vsi.ru
Sat Nov 19 14:54:57 GMT 2005

Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org>:

Thank you for answer.

> > 4.10-RELEASE.
> > When play .au, speakers produce some noise for a second.
> > When play .mp3, speakers are silent and kernel reports:
> >
> > pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
> > CM8330 SB16 Driver (WDM)
> > C-Media CM8330 Audio Driver (WDM)
>
> What are you doing to play your sound files?

cat madcow.au > /dev/sound
play madcow.au
play ttt.mp3
mpeg123 ttt.mp3

Here play is sox' one.

Disabling loading mss module and adding

device pcm0 port at isa? port 0x240 irq 07 drq 05 flags 0x17

doesn't help: first device still isn't detected and second one appears as pcm1.

I've tried snd0 sb device. Now tring sbxvi...

By the way, I've found today, that C-Media CM8330 eats great amount of CPU time
in W2k when playing...