Everything on FAT is executable

Johan Spee johan.spee at wanadoo.nl
Sat Nov 19 09:39:11 GMT 2005

Hi Lowell,

Thanks for your answer.
It took me a while to respond because the message ended op on the
Windows hemisphere of my pc. I also wanted to figure out what 'octal
code' should be added to the -m parameter. I still don't understand the
principle but '-m 333' should allow rw for all and mask x.

I added this to my fstab, but the result is that the drives are no
longer mounted. I'll have to look into that.

thanks again,

-Jay