Jail cloning problem

patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 19:01:45 GMT 2005

I built a jail, and then I tar'd it up after some setup so that I
could create new jails quickly. When I start up a cloned jail,
everything works except SSH. If I try to ssh outside of the jail, I
just get: "Host key verification failed.". I know from past experience
that if I rebuild the second jail the "make world" way, everything
works fine, so I suspect that there is some permissions or dev issue
after untarring. I'm 100% certain that it does not have to do with any
actual host key verification. I've rebuilt the dev folder using
MAKEDEV jail, and have also tried ensuring that permissions are
correct in /tmp and /var, but to no avail.

Can anyone think of any reason why SSH wouldn't work in a cloned jail like this?

Thanks,

Patrick