Any Default Firewall Installed?

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Wed Nov 9 14:51:31 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I ran the nmap and it shows that some filtering is going on for the IP:
----------------------------
Starting nmap 3.77 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2005-11-09 14:45 PST
Interesting ports on cp.peoplesquest.com (207.226.17.186):
PORT   STATE    SERVICE
22/tcp filtered ssh
23/tcp filtered telnet

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 3.039 seconds
cp# nmap -sS -P0 -p 22,23 207.226.17.189

Starting nmap 3.77 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2005-11-09 14:45 PST
Interesting ports on 207.226.17.189:
PORT   STATE SERVICE
22/tcp open  ssh
23/tcp open  telnet

Nmap run completed -- 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 5.037 seconds

So now I need to see about adjusting that filtering in the rules I guess?

Is this some firewall thing in FreeBSD that is running by default?

Thanks
Lonnie