Intel 2200bg wireless lan support in FreeBSD6.0 stable release

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Wed Nov 9 05:41:43 GMT 2005

http://damien.bergamini.free.fr/ipw/iwi-freebsd.html

> 2. If I execute  "kldload -v if_iwi" then in the dmesg output, i get a
> message saying "download firmware". What firmware should i have to
> download? I cannot use ports collection(pkg_add or make install clean)

install /usr/ports/net/iwi-firmware, but...

> because that laptop does not have ethernet connection(I think there is
> no support for the Marvell Yukon 88E80836 chipset).

...since you dont have a network up and running, that may be a problem. do
check if the iwi-firmware package is available on one of the 6.0 ISO CDROMs.

> 3.If is execute this command " iwicontrol -i iwi0 -d
> /usr/local/libdata/if_iwi -m bss" i get a error message that this

iwicontrol is installed as part of iwi-firmware.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/