How to sort find results

David Fleck david.fleck at mchsi.com
Mon Nov 7 23:17:41 GMT 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Jeffrey Ellis wrote:
> Y'know, being a newbie at something is about as stupid as things generally
> get. So I'm feeling totally dumb at the moment.

The feeling will go away after a while, really.

> But when I try:
>
> # ./date_sort /
>
> I get:
>
> use: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Sounds like it can't find perl, or there's a syntax error.  (Perl is
installed, right?) Paste the results of the following commands into a mail
message:

   which perl

   head date_sort

and we can see if there's anything obvious there.  The script may be
pointing to a non-existant executable.

And also note that, as currently written, the perl script does not have an
equivalent to the '-x' argument for 'find'.  We might be able to get that
in there, but probably should worry about just getting the script working
first.

--
David Fleck
david.fleck at mchsi.com