OFF-TOPIC but ... you will laugh !!

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Thu Nov 3 04:11:35 PST 2005

On 03/11/05 05:31 +0200, Aggelos wrote:
> An Indian discovered that nobody can create a FOLDER anywhere named as
> "con".
> This is something pretty cool...and unbelievable...
> At Microsoft the whole Team, including Bill Gates, couldn't answer why
> this happened!
> Try it out yourself...

Not funny. Just as it is not funny that you cannot name a variable int
int in a C program. Con is a reserved name for the console device in
dos. There is no "folder namespace" for device files in dos like there
is in *nix with the dev directory.

Design oversight? Probably. Funny?  No, and I knew about this 10 years
ago so it's not true that someone just discovered it.

Jason