Problems with man

Lord Raiden me at raiden.net
Wed Mar 30 06:01:45 PST 2005

         Well, the only etc file I appear to have issues with is the
/etc/manpath.config file because it won't let me use man until it finds it
and yet the file is there.

At 02:06 PM 3/30/05 +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>On 2005-03-29 19:55, Lord Raiden <me at raiden.net> wrote:
> >
> > >After updating everything to its latest version, did you remember to
> > >mergemaster to update your /etc files?
> >
> > Nope, didn't think to do it because I've never had to do it before.
> > This would be a first.  But I did run it and it errored out when I
> > tried it and got this error.  Any ideas?
> >
> > install -o root -g wheel -m 644  /usr/src/etc/sendmail/freebsd.mc
> > freebsd.cf /var/tmp/temproot/etc/mail
> > install: freebsd.cf: No such file or directory
> > *** Error code 71
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src/etc/sendmail.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src/etc.
> >
> >   *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot 'cd' to /usr/src/etc and install files to
> >       the temproot environment
>
>Ignore that.  mergemaster is not your problem if you only updated the
>ports.  Sorry for the misguided attempt at helping, but when you said
>"everything" I incorrectly assumed the base system.
>
> > I cvsup'ed my ports tree and src files, but I didn't update my kernel
> > or core files, only my ports.  Might that cause a problem?
>
>Not really.
>
>I don't know what you updated and how, so can you please give us more
>details.  Then we'll probably be able to help you with the /etc files
>that seem to have problems.

Steven Lake
-Owner/Webmaster
Raiden's Realm
www.raiden.net

Come see "Monk" the comic strip and laugh till you die!  :)
http://www.raiden.net/Monk/