newbie who can't get support from xoasis

Chris Nye cjnye at arconassoc.com
Wed Mar 30 05:21:07 PST 2005

after a YEAR of trying to get help from Xoasis, (They won't even call or
email me back) I'm trying to resolve these issues myself.

Sorry there are a bunch of questions. I would really appreciate it if
someone can point me in the right direction. I've bought a couple of books
and have a general understanding. But I'm afraid to take any big solo
steps (even though I did last week in a crisis).  My difficulty is figuring out
exactly how they have tweaked the system

In order of need

Xoasis KTX2 sever appliance FreeBSD 4
************************************
DISK SPACE CRITICAL
Short on disk space 97% utilized

What I've tried
  deleted all snort logs
  moved /var/spool/mail/log/ee.core to /home
  (do I need it or can it be deleted??)

Can file /var/spool/mail/log/mainlog be deleted? it is hugh 1035325249
( I would like to review it first, can it safely be moved to /home?)

MAIL ERROR
cannot send mail from webmail - error:
internet1 sendmail[619]: NOQUEUE:
SYSERR(nobody):/etc/mail/submit.cf:line 415:
readcf: option RunAsUser: unknown user smmsp

Mcaffee uvscan blows out every night.
pd 14160 [ keeps changing] (uvscan) uid 0: exited on signal 11
(coredumped)

>From what i have been able to find on line it looks like they changed the
format of the app and it is no longer compatible without mods. How do I
uninstall or fix?

getting errors on console
internet1 /usr/local/qpopper/sbin/popper [4239 "this number keeps
changing"]
EOF from "username shows here" @127.0.0.1 (local host): [0] 35
(Resource temporarily
unavailable); 0 (undefined error)

MAIL ERROR
cannot send mail from Pegasus mail client v4.12c - error

set client to ip xxx.xxx.xxx.27 timed out, error:
   [*] Connection established to xxx.xxx.xxx.27
   8: Socket read timeout.

set client to ip xxx.xxx.xxx.27 and doing an POP auth 1st timed out, error:
   [*] Connection established to xxx.xxx.xxx.27
   8: Socket read timeout.

set client to ip xxx.xxx.xxx.27 tried login to SMTP server using a specific
POP3 username
   [*] Connection established to xxx.xxx.xxx.27
   8: Socket read timeout.

************************************
nice to know how to but not critical

copy to and from r/w cd
resize partitions without hosing myself

thanks--
Christopher Nye AIA
Dir. of Information Services
630 495-1900

privileged. It is  intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorized.

distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.