/sbin/ppp error codes

Chris Knipe savage at savage.za.org
Tue Mar 29 14:14:58 PST 2005

Lo all,

>From the ppp man page.

        -background
             Here, ppp attempts to establish a connection with the peer
imme-
             diately.  If it succeeds, ppp goes into the background and the
             parent process returns an exit code of 0.  If it fails, ppp
exits
             with a non-zero result.

Where can I see what the other 'non-zero' results are, and what they mean?
I'm looking for the specific return to indicate a authentication failure.

--
Chris.

I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they
fly by..." - Douglas Adams, 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'