Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 29 13:03:57 PST 2005

Bart Silverstrim writes:

> It's deduction.

It can't be.  There's nothing to deduct from.

Tell me again what those messages said, exactly?

> Really?  I have a free program running on my NT machines, ntpdate I
> believe is the name, that just hammers the registry with requests
> constantly.  I'd never have known it was querying it so much if it
> wasn't for regmon.  *Contant* hits.  dunno why, doesn't seem to hurt
> anything...thus I ignore it.  NT doesn't seem to care.  Only gets in
> the way when I'm troubleshooting registry errors.

So where's the problem?

> I've already told you I had a scsi bus reset problem what showed up
> under Linux but not NT several years ago.  But you probably ignored
> that.

Did someone fix Linux?

> I've had power supply fans that have lasted for years despite making
> odd noises that are indicative of impending failure.  It's not unheard
> of.

Years without a failure is not impending failure, no matter what noises
you hear.

Some fans are inherently noisy.

> That's nice.  Some hardware is being a pain.  People here either ignore
> you at this point or tell you to replace that controller and/or disks
> and see what it takes from there.

Yes.  But I'm still hoping that someone might provide a truly useful
answer sooner or later.

--
Anthony