Portupgrade (vs. Portmanager) question

Jay O'Brien jayobrien at att.net
Sun Mar 27 20:27:20 PST 2005

Abu Khaled wrote:

> ezm3, gettext, gmake, libiconv, libtool are the build dependencies for
> cvsup-without-gui.
>
> # cd /usr/ports
> # make search name="cvsup-without-gui"

Abu, I don't get that result. I only show ezm3-1.2.

# cd /usr/ports
# make search name="cvsup-without-gui"
Port:	cvsup-without-gui-16.1h_2
Path:	/usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui
Info:	General network file distribution system optimized for CVS (non-GUI version)
Maint:	jdp at FreeBSD.org
B-deps:	ezm3-1.2
R-deps:
WWW:	http://www.cvsup.org/
#

> If you updated your soirces/ports "cvsup" then portupgrade did what
> you asked it to do. It Updated all outdated packages/ports and there
> dependencies.

I'm convinced that you are right. However, why don't I show the other
dependencies?

Jay