Clean install of FreeBSD, many ports wont compile

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Sat Mar 26 13:24:22 PST 2005

Still can't figure out how to get my FreeBSD machine to work properly.
I've tried everything.

Download the ISO on Wednesday, Mar 23rd, from ftp.freebsd.org.  standard
install, cvsup'd the ports, and tried to install
/usr/ports/editors/pico, /usr/ports/shells/bash2, and a couple other ports.

The output of the bad compile of pico and bash are below:

http://paste.atopia.net/108
http://paste.atopia.net/109
http://paste.atopia.net/110
http://paste.atopia.net/111

I tried memtest, a hard drive test, etc.  I don't understand how a clean
install of freebsd 5.3 - RELEASE could be doing this.

For the record, I cvsup'd to cvsup2, and I've tried that server on
another already installed 5.3-RELEASE and it worked fine.  Please, any
suggestions would be appreciated.  I've never seen anything like this
before.

regards,

Matt