Updated on SATA drive problem

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 26 10:50:56 PST 2005

Chris writes:

> That's good news - I'm glad to hear that you are progressing with your
> issues. Once you have these items under control - you ought to have a
> more enjoyable experiance with whatever OS you wish to use.

Now if I could just fine the problem FreeBSD has with my SCSI drives on
my test machine.  I noticed that the pages and pages of error messages I
get sometimes when doing I/O to the disks are also generated even by
something as simple as "smartctl -a" which presumably does not do any
physical I/O to the platters.  This would seem to rule out any hardware
problems involving the media, actuators, etc.

--
Anthony