mount error.

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Thu Mar 24 10:29:32 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 06:59:55AM -0500, wizlayer wrote:
> On Thursday 24 March 2005 03:31 am, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	People,
> >
> > 	Partitioning ad0s2 is fine.  But I get a mount error in
> > 	the newfs section.  Specifically:
> >
> > 	"Error mounting /mntg/dev/ad0s2e on /mnt/usr : Invalid
> > argument"
> >
> > 	Anybody know what's causing this and how to get past this?
> >
> > 	thanks,
> >
> > 	gary
>
> Hey, Gary...
>
> I read your last thread regarding this, and I'm curious...  What's
> the output when you type "fdisk ad0" at the prompt?

	Can you be more specific?  At which prompt?  I create the
	ad0s2 slice below the NTFS slice, then procede to the next
	menu to the Disklabel editor.  There I create reasonable
	partitions for /, SWAP, /tmp, /var, /home, and /usr.

	/usr is ballpark 130GB.   After I select "All" from the
	menu below, and from the last sysinstall selection,
	install/newfs/<<etc>>, the script errors.  So...(???)

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix