Need "find" binary

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Mar 23 11:02:23 PST 2005

On Mar 23, 2005, at 5:18 AM, bsd at owlpeople.com wrote:
> --> On one of my web sites, that used to run Solaris 2.7 OS, I had a
> functional
> cron script, mirroring a Solaris Server at home.
>
> The web site was moved to a BSD Server, without access to  many
> binaries like "find".
> Can anyone tell me WHERE I can grab this one binary off a BSD system
> to ftp to
> the new server?

FreeBSD comes with /usr/bin/find.  Are you sure that your cron script
is using the full path to that program; or perhaps you need to set up a
PATH in the cron script...?

If that system truly does not have a /usr/bin/find, there is something
wrong with the installation, you should probably update the system by
building and installing world from source or from a CD.  (ISO images of
4.11 are available on ftp.freebsd.org.  Those images also would contain
a working find binary if you just want that alone.)

--
-Chuck