Acroread7

Marco Beishuizen marco at beishuizen.info
Wed Mar 23 10:14:02 PST 2005

On stardate Wed, 23 Mar 2005, the wise Andreas Davour entered:

> I have hit upon another problem with my new system. Acroread is now version 7
> (what was wrong with the previous version, Adobe? *shrug*) and since it is a
> Linux binary it naturally depends on Linux libraries. But, some of those
> libraries are missing. Anyone having the same problem?
>
> I searched google and the mailing lists for a solution, and found some that
> suggested telling the Linux ldconfig the localtion of the FreeBSD library
> files, but that wont work.
>
> Is the dependancies for the port broken, or have I missed something again?
>
> /andreas

I've problems with linux libraries too (also after an update of my
portstree). I get:

/compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread:
error while loading shared libraries: libXrandr.so.2: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

marco at yokozuna $ locate libXrandr.so.2
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXrandr.so.2

Is this the same problem you're having?

Marco

--
The advertisement is the most truthful part of a newspaper
 		-- Thomas Jefferson