phpmyadmin on FreeBSD 5.3

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 16:23:42 PST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 11:01:59PM +0100, Roeland Hemsteede wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Im trying to install apache, php4, mysql and phpmyadmin on my computer.
> Firstly I installed the packages for apache and php. Then I did "cd
> /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin && make install distclean" but that
> returns with the following error
>
> bash-3.00# cd /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin && make install distclean
>
> You may use the following additional build option:
>
>    WITH_SUPHP=yes   Install appropriately for use with
>                     the www/suphp port [default: no]
>
> Unknown extension mysqli for PHP 4.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/databases/phpmyadmin.
> bash-3.00#
>
> After this I installed the package php4-mysql I tried it again and got
> the same error.
>
> Can anyone tell me wich things I need to do in order to get phpmyadmin
> installed and working?

You need to run:

    # make config

in the databases/phpmyadmin directory and *uncheck* the option for
MYSQLI.  Then you should be able to install successfully.  Like it
clearly says, you can only use the php mysqli extension with PHP5 and
MySQL 4.1.x

      Cheers,

      Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       8 Dane Court Manor
                                                      School Rd