phpmyadmin on FreeBSD 5.3

X3K6A2 me at x3k6a2.net
Mon Mar 21 14:57:29 PST 2005

> bash-3.00# pkg_info
> apache-2.0.53_1     Version 2 of Apache web server with prefork MPM.
> autoconf-2.53_3     Automatically configure source code on many Un*x platforms
> autoconf-2.59_2     Automatically configure source code on many Un*x platforms
> automake-1.5_2,1    GNU Standards-compliant Makefile generator (version 1.5)
> bash-3.0_5          The GNU Project's Bourne Again SHell
> bison-1.75_2        A parser generator from FSF, (mostly) compatible with Yacc
> cracklib-2.7_2      Password-checking library
> curl-7.13.1_1       Non-interactive tool to get files from FTP, GOPHER, HTTP(S)
> cvsup-without-gui-16.1h General network file distribution system
> optimized for CVS
> expat-1.95.8        XML 1.0 parser written in C
> gettext-0.13.1_1    GNU gettext package
> gmake-3.80_2        GNU version of 'make' utility
> help2man-1.35.1     Automatically generating simple manual pages from program o
> ispell-3.2.06_11    An interactive spelling checker for multiple languages
> libiconv-1.9.2_1    A character set conversion library
> libtool-1.3.5_2     Generic shared library support script (version 1.3)
> libtool-1.5.10_1    Generic shared library support script (version 1.5)
> libxml2-2.6.18      XML parser library for GNOME
> libxslt-1.1.13      The XSLT C library for GNOME
> linux_base-7.1_7    The base set of packages needed in Linux mode
> m4-1.4.1            GNU m4
> mysql-client-4.0.24 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
> nmap-3.81           Port scanning utility for large networks
> p5-gettext-1.03     Message handling functions
> pcre-5.0            Perl Compatible Regular Expressions library
> perl-5.8.5          Practical Extraction and Report Language
> php4-bcmath-4.3.10_2 The bcmath shared extension for php
> php4-bz2-4.3.10_2   The bz2 shared extension for php
> php4-calendar-4.3.10_2 The calendar shared extension for php
> php4-cgi-4.3.9      PHP Common Gateway Interface
> php4-crack-4.3.10_2 The crack shared extension for php
> php4-ctype-4.3.10_2 The ctype shared extension for php
> php4-curl-4.3.10_2  The curl shared extension for php
> php4-dba-4.3.10_2   The dba shared extension for php
> php4-dbase-4.3.10_2 The dbase shared extension for php
> php4-dbx-4.3.10_2   The dbx shared extension for php
> php4-dio-4.3.10_2   The dio shared extension for php
> php4-domxml-4.3.10_2 The domxml shared extension for php
> php4-exif-4.3.10_2  The exif shared extension for php
> pico-4.61           PIne's message COmposition editor
> pkgconfig-0.15.0_1  A utility used to retrieve information about installed libr
> suphp-0.5.2_1       Securely execute ~user PHP scripts
> bash-3.00#

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:39:12 +0100, X3K6A2 <me at x3k6a2.net> wrote:
>> > of wich package should I provide the output of pkg_info? also I
>> > installed everything on this computer today including the ports list
>> > and such so thats up to date

>> Hi,

> [...]
Hi,

this is only a guess.

I think that the port misses a php extension. (not a port)
Try adding
extension=mysql.so
(extension=mysqli.so)
to your
/usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini

if you add mysqli.so you should also add a symbolic link with this
name in
/usr/local/lib/php/[some numbers here]/*.so
pointing to mysql.so in the same directory. (also note that mysql.so
should be in this directory)

Try this at your own risk. (Any of this things can be removed, so
there is not much risk)

regards

Sebastian Steenbuck