Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

Freminlins freminlins at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 03:33:12 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:26:13 +0100, Anthony Atkielski
<atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Freminlins writes:

> No, FreeBSD doesn't work very well with the hardware.  As a matter of
> fact, it doesn't work very well with the hardware on my production
> server, either.

So, you seem to have a problem.

> It seems that as soon as you install FreeBSD on a machine, the
> "hardware" fails.

Not true. I look after 60 or so FreeBSD machines. They run fine. I did
have a problem with a SCSI RAID on FreeBSD. I called the supplier and
they took a look - the firmware on one of the drives was different to
the others. They updated it and haven't had a problem since.

> What would you suggest that I do?  It takes a very long time to wade
> through OS source code.

Review the supported hardware list on the FreeBSD site. If the
hardware is not on there, stop complaining. If it's supposed to be
supported, raise it a PR and hope someone looks at it.

> --
> Anthony

Frem.