Anthony's drive issues.Re: ssh password delay

Anthony Atkielski atkielski.anthony at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 22 02:26:15 PST 2005

Freminlins writes:

> So stick with NT. Why would you change from something that runs
> perfectly for 8 years?

I was able to retire the legacy applications on the machine and I wanted
to try something new.

> That doesn't mean nothing has changed in 20 years, does it?

It means that the age of the OS is not an issue.

> And your hardware seems to not work very well with FreeBSD. Move on.

No, FreeBSD doesn't work very well with the hardware.  As a matter of
fact, it doesn't work very well with the hardware on my production
server, either.

It seems that as soon as you install FreeBSD on a machine, the
"hardware" fails.

> That's not what has been said. Having read this thread (and others by
> you previously) you have no intention of helping yourself.

What would you suggest that I do?  It takes a very long time to wade
through OS source code.

--
Anthony