Adaptec AAC raid support

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Mar 20 14:05:58 PST 2005

On Mar 20, 2005, at 4:31 PM, Adam wrote:
>> Pretend for a second that your first claim is actually correct, that
>> Adaptec does not want to sell hardware.  Just what do you think you
>> are accomplishing by trying to convince people not to buy Adaptec
>> hardware, then?  According to your words, that's exactly what Adaptec
>> wants.
>
> Your reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking.

I can't make sense of nonsense, but that proves nothing about my
reading skills.
You've done a careful job of excerpting prior context away to avoid
demonstrating the contradiction your words show.

Do you recognize the author who inspired by remark about A and not A?
Who was it that said "Non-contradiction...A is A"?

> Nobody is trying
> to convince people not to buy adaptec hardware.  Adaptec has convinced
> people themselves.  Those people are just informing Adaptec of that
> fact.

And dropping AAC support from OpenBSD 3.7 has nothing to do with it...?
Such a claim is disingenuous and dishonest.

> Why are you so desperate to try to stop other people's efforts to
> obtain
> information?

I hope open source projects obtain more information from hardware
vendors.  I oppose efforts to force people to make choices they would
not willingly make themselves.  That includes the right of a company to
keep some information private if they so choose.

> Nobody is asking you to do anything.  You are free to use
> whatever you want.  Just stop spreading lies and misinformation about
> other people's efforts that you clearly don't understand.

First you say you aren't asking me to do anything, yet two sentences
later you try to tell me to stop doing something you claim I'm doing.

Contradicting yourself again?
Hypocracy isn't one of your prettier failings, Adam.

--
-Chuck