Adaptec AAC raid support

Mark admin at asarian-host.net
Sun Mar 20 12:28:08 PST 2005

<RANT>

Nobody ever asked they make 'every single internal document available to
the public'. That is your own strawman. People do ask, however, that
Adaptec makes enough documentation available to know when what commands
to set to the chipset, and when to expect what to be returned. Especially if
they
themselves have not solved all bugs

> Let's pretend you're right, just for the sake of argument.
> Let's say that Adaptec could release all of their docs.

Same deal; nobody ever asked they release 'all of their docs'. That is
just your own twist.

> Besides, I'm quite sure you're wrong: Adaptec wants me and other
> potential customers to buy their products, just as any other hardware
> vendor would.

In that case, Adaptec better get their act together. But I can assure
you, and your Adaptec buddies, that, having followed this crazy discussion
for too long, that I will never ever hereafter advise my boss to buy
Adaptec any more. Not that they will feel the pinch, as I am just a small
fish; but their attitude stinks up to high heaven. And yours too, I might
add.

> Children learn to accept "no" in the process of growing up.

News-flash: sometimes the customer says 'no' too; I hope they are grown-up
enough to deal with that reality, too. :)

> They learn
> to deal with the world not giving them anything and everything the
> child might demand, the moment it is demanded.

And if you want children to play with your toys, then you should tell them
how they work! Otherwise, pretty soon you'll be sitting there all alone,
with your big box of hardware, and all kids shunning you like the plague.

</RANT>

- Mark