Invalid Gateway IPv4 Address Specified

Augusto Cesar augusto.cesar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 13:30:01 PST 2005

Hi, i'm installing FreeBSD on my desktop, almost everything went fine,
except when i try to setup my connection.

The scenario: a static-ip, a direct connection to a router (which i do
NOT have ANY control over it) and a outside DNS server. When trying to
enter the gateway ip (10.0.0.9) through sysinstall, a box appears on the
screen: Invalid Gateway IPv4 Address Specified.

And that's it. Therefore i've tried including defaultrouter="10.0.0.9"
in /etc/rc.conf, and restarted net, my computer still excluded from
outside world.

Thanks.