Adaptec AAC raid support

Jason Crawford jasonrcrawford at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:01:05 PST 2005

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 15:19:13 -0700, Theo de Raadt
<deraadt at cvs.openbsd.org> wrote:
> > Do you ask for the blueprints to the plane before you get onboard?  Do
> > you demand that Ford or GM give you the source to the fuel ingector
> > computer before you get into a car?  I'm saying that resources are out
> > there that will allow OpenBSD users to manage their RAID arrays RIGHT
> > NOW.  No, they don't meet the goals of open source, but they meet the
> > goals of getting the job done.  If not having the source is a problem,
> > then that's your choice and you don't have to use it.  But why deprive
> > people of a choice, like Theo wants.  Freedom is about choice.
>
> FreeBSD users...  watch how Scott argues against free software.. and
> cc's the person at Adaptec who he says we should not be mailing...
>
> oh boy....

FreeBSD users.. also watch how Scott claims he is about freedom of
choice, yet proceeded to lock you into only one option for a RAID
card, which would seem to be anti-choice... and being pro-choice would
have pushed for open docs a long time ago.

Jason