Question: USB block dev, Olympus Camedia digital camera

Peer Böhm pmb379 at gmx.de
Sat Mar 19 01:19:24 PST 2005

Hello everyone,

I am new to BSD-style operating systems, and currently reading about and
seriously considering a migration from Linux to free BSD on my home machine.

Before I do that, I would like to make sure (as far as possible) that my
critical applications will continue to work, one way or the other.

It seems that the Olympus Camedia (C-1) digital camera does have some
quirks that require a cludge for the kernel, so it can be mounted as a
block dev for my Linux kernel version, although I hear that newer
kernels do support that quirk out of the box.

I was wondering, whether anyone here is using such a camera under
freeBSD, and can tell me whether it can be mounted under 5.3 without
such a hack.

Thanks in advance,
Peer