curious about da_quirk_table

Angelin Lalev lalev at sv-bg.com
Fri Mar 18 18:47:19 PST 2005

Greetings,

I have an usb flash disk which does not support cache synchronization.
Usb vendor 0x1005. (The inscription on it says "Apacer HandySTENO").

On FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE it generates several of

umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): Synchronize cache failed, status == 0x4, scsi
status ==
0x0

error messages.

I've looked in Google and in the source and found da_quirk_table array
in scsi_da.c.
I've added my disk data there and the disk started working...
I'm just curious is that the right way to do this and if so do you
gather the data.