Stupid ASCII loader prompt

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:27:58 PST 2005

On Thursday 17 March 2005 08:08 am, you wrote:
> Michael C. Shultz wrote:
> >adding my $0.02 to the pot
> >
> >I hope FreeBSD folks have more pride in their product than
> >to allow a few malcontents cause a logo change.  If bestie goes
> >AWOL so may I.  Using a product when its own designers won't
> >stick by it seams unwise.
> >
> >-Mike
>
> For what values of "it"?  FreeBSD is an operating system,
> not a logo.  Most people's decision to use the OS aren't
> based on its mascot, I would hope.

If the logo is of no importance, then why did it ever exist? FreeBSD
started with this logo and needs to stick by it in my opinion.  If
someone comes up with a better looking "beastie" that is fine,
to arbitrally change it after 20 years because a few people are offended
shows cowardness in the face of nearly 0 diversity.

If you toss beastie probably should change to change chmod 666 because
that number offends some people.  While your at it please remove
gnome-sword, it likely offends some non Christians to have bible study
software in ports. After all in Saudi Arabia the cross is illegal, no
need to risk offending.   What about the hewbrew fonts? Do they also
piss off Arabs? Toss those just in case.  Now the Arabic fonts need
tossing tool,  just to be fair.

-Mike