kerberos problems

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Sun Mar 13 07:58:56 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 03:38:46PM -0000, martinmcc at orbweavers.co.uk wrote:
>    I followed the handbook guide to setting it up, and it all seems to be
> working ok. I have now setup telnetd as described to test how it is
> working. If I have done a kinit previously, it will log in no problem,
> but if I do not do a kinit (or do a kdestroy before hand) I get -
>
> kerberos V5: mk_req (No Such File or direcotry).
>
>    Any ideas?

That sounds like it's working normally. Without a valid ticket (as shown
by `klist`), which is cached in a file, services like telent which use
Kerberos won't authenticate you.

If I'm misunderstanding the problem you're describing, please add some
more detail as to what you expected to have happen and how reality
differed :-)

-T

--
Page xxviii: More than any other computer system today, Unix will repay
every moment that you spend learning and experimenting.