kerberos problems

martinmcc at orbweavers.co.uk martinmcc at orbweavers.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 06:34:21 PST 2005

Hi,

  I'm currently battling with kerberos, and am having a bit of a problem
authenticating. It is most likely an error on my part, the whole process
of what is involved in kerberos and how it works is yet to click in my
head.

   I followed the handbook guide to setting it up, and it all seems to be
working ok. I have now setup telnetd as described to test how it is
working. If I have done a kinit previously, it will log in no problem,
but if I do not do a kinit (or do a kdestroy before hand) I get -

kerberos V5: mk_req (No Such File or direcotry).

   Any ideas?

Cheers,
Martin