changed cases, now freebsd won't boot!

Xian ian at codepad.net
Thu Mar 10 16:35:15 PST 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 16:18, Andrew Seguin wrote:
> [...]
I found I had to plug my IDE cables in _upside down_ on one box for the drives
to be detected. No idea what happened there but it worked so I left it. I do
now what way up they're supposed to be, I've done plenty of this sort of
thing before.
Very strange. Maybe the plug was in the motherboard upside down too? I didn't
investigate in case it stopped working. Good thing IDE have "idiot diodes" so
they don't burn up when they're in upside down.

--
/Xian

"An expert is someone who learns more and more about less and less until they
know everything about nothing"
Unknown author