Mozilla Firefox problem

Jason Andresen jandrese at mitre.org
Thu Mar 10 09:18:48 PST 2005

Warren wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 1:05 am, Jason Andresen wrote:
>

>>Warren wrote:
>>

>>>Each time i start Mozilla Firefox it starts from scratch and asks if i
>>>want to import my previous bookmarks etc .. why is this occurying and how
>>>do i fix it ?
>>>

>>Most likely you don't own your own .mozilla directory.
>>

>Nope i own it and permissions r fine.
>
>drwxr-xr-x   8 shinjii  shinjii      512 Mar  7 20:59 .mozilla

The other possibility is that you have a Zombie mozilla process hanging
around in the background and it's trying to create a new profile.
Normally you'd get the profile manager if this happened though.

Also, do you own the files inside of .mozilla?  There are several
directories in there.  Chowning the whole thing might not be a bad idea
regardless, just to rule out any ownership possibilities.