5.3 and building world

Kent Stewart kstewart at owt.com
Sun Mar 6 12:19:34 PST 2005

On Sunday 06 March 2005 12:01 pm, gabriel wrote:
> Yep, I know enoguh to read through the handbook, the problem lies in
> the fact that if I use make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL I get a
> stop error which says I have to buildworld first (even though I have
> before this step). Thats the reason for the question. But thanks
> anyway

Ah, you didn't say that. If you cvsup, you have to do the buildworld
first. You need to figure out why buildkernel can't find the obj files
in /usr/obj. If you already have a current installed world with a
generic kernel, you can use the config MYKERNEL way of building a new
kernel.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart