ATA Tagged Queuing? (2nd attempt to get an answer)

Kjell B. homebell at telia.com
Sat Mar 5 02:43:54 PST 2005

I sent the below question a month ago, but received no answer.
Therefore, I resend it in the hope of getting one now.

----------

I'm considering turning on Tagged Command Queuing in my ATA system. My
disks are all Hitachi 7K250 (two HDS722512VLAT80 and one
HDS722516VLAT80) which according to Hitachi support this feature (queue
depth = 32).

However, I read in
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-July/007378.html
that there may be problems doing this and not really improving performance.

Is that recommendation still valid or should I go for it?

My uname:
  [homebell] ~> uname -a
FreeBSD homebell.dyndns.org 4.10-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 4.10-RELEASE-p2 #0:
Mon Oct 18 21:48:34 CEST 2004
homebell at homebell.dyndns.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HOMEBELLapmipfw  i386

--
Kjell